Friday, January 9, 2009

Eat. Sleep. Swim.

I decided to dedicate this post to swimming, as it seems that that is all I do these days. I started swimming 6 months ago, because, like many others across the nation, Michael Phelps amazed and inspired me. I just thought he was the cutest little thing. And then I liked him. And then I was in fan-girl type love. And then I was in official love. Yeah, something like that. I thought that if I swam, I would go to the olympics, and Michael Phelps would fall madly in love with me and we'd be merry. Just like that. Boom boom boom. So my dad took me to the aquatic center one Monday and I said, "So, can I swim?" It was great. They were in the middle of a season so I was always in the lane with a higher time for different sets. I would do 100's in 3:00, while those around me did them at 2:30. I got the hang of it around November, and I just kind of started doing laps around those who were faster than me a couple of months ago. I quickly became one of the four fastest people on the team. With swimming, you can always tell when you're getting faster. Your coach will have you do 100's on 3:00, then 2:55, then 2:50, and so on. It's amazing how quickly you progress. Right now my practice sets for 100 frees are at 1:30, which I'm proud of.

My best stroke is breast stroke. I'm the fastest breast stroker on my team. My best events are the 100 breast and the 50 back, surprisingly. I'm actually not that great at the 50 free or 50 breast. Don't know why.

I've become very defensive of swimming. People always say that swimming is a piece of cake, which it is anything but. You know what I say? "You wouldn't make it through my warm up."

So, that's what I've been up to. How are youu?
Catherine.

No comments: